You’re invited to “Come & See” a display of Nativities from Around the World. All of the Creche scenes were donated for our Online Auction as a fundraiser for our Youth Ministry Program. The donor, Mrs. Marian Adams is Grandmother to Nicole and Tessa Player who were active in Edge and Intersection for many years. Nicole is in college now and Tessa is currently serving as a Youth Sacristan for the St. William 5pm Youth Mass on Sundays.
Come visit! The exhibit is free, but if you would like to make a donation, we invite you to choose an ornament from the trees on display.
There are also several wood toy vehicles that are available for immediate purchase at $40 each.
I live on the Stanford campus, where my husband was on the School of Engineering faculty and where I worked for most of my career in continuing education.
My favorite creche in the St. William’s collection is the Santon Nativity from Provence. I bought my first creche in 1964 and have been collecting them ever since, from all over the world as I traveled. I have always been interested in folk art, how people and cultures express themselves in art and for the creches, how different cultures tell the same, universal story in their nativity art.
Where do the proceeds go?
Auction proceeds support our Youth Ministry Program, Retreats & World Youth Day Trip!
When is the Display open?
Saturday, December 3, from 3:00 PM – 6:00 PM
Sunday, December 4, from 10:00 AM – 1:00 PM
Monday, December 5, from 4:00 PM – 7:00 PM
Tuesday, December 6, from 4:00 PM – 8:00 PM
Wednesday, December 7, from 4:00 PM – 7:00 PM
Saturday, December 10, from 3:00 PM – 6:00 PM
Sunday, December 11, from 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
How do I bid/buy/donate?
- Go to one.bidpal.net/snswnativity
- Click SIGN IN and follow prompts to setup an account to bid, buy, or donate
- Go to MENU to browse all items available
- Items 1-133 are Nativity Sets for Auction that ends on December 11 at 7pm
- Items 202-218 are Wooden Toys for sale ($40 each)
- Item 500 is for donations (choose an ornament as our thank you for your donation)
- You can use the search field to find any item by # or keyword
- You can “watch” items
- You will be notified if you are outbid
- If you donate, purchase, or win an item, you will receive an email receipt when your card is charged.
When does bidding end?
Bidding ends Sunday, December 11 at 7:00 PM
All items must be picked up on:
Monday, December 12 between 8:00am – 10:00am or 5:00pm – 7:00pm or
Tuesday, December 13 between 8:00am – 10:00am or 3:30pm – 5:30pm
Anton Pham – firstname.lastname@example.org – Youth Minister
Pat Cremer – email@example.com – online bidding questions