Office for the Protection of Children and Vulnerable Adults
The Office for the Protection of Children and Vulnerable Adults (OPCVA) is committed to fostering healthy relationship by means of educating, training, and screening all adults who have regular access to children, youth and vulnerable adults within our Diocese of San Jose for the purpose of preventing harm.
The Diocese of San Jose has instituted policies regarding visits to vulnerable adults and those working with children. They are designed to protect both the volunteer and those being ministered to.
These policies require that our volunteers be:
- Fingerprinted through the Diocese of San Jose
- Take an on-line workshop (virtus.org) to make themselves aware of current laws and diocesan policies. (Re-certification is required every three years.)
- Volunteers also must read the Diocesan Policy Statement on Sexual Misconduct
- Complete the Declaration of Responsibility and Policy Acknowledgment
- Complete the Acknowledgment: Reporting Child and Elder Abuse
For more information please contact the parish office at email@example.com or (650) 948-2158.
The Office for the Protection of Children and Vulnerable Adults of the Diocese of San Jose is directed by Anthony Gonzalez. Complaints or allegations of sexual misconduct may be initiated in writing to the Office for the Protection of Children and Vulnerable Adults,
1150 N. First St., Suite 100, San Jose, CA 95112. Anthony may also be reached at (408) 983-0113, fax (408) 983-0147, emergency line (408) 983-0141, or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.