Heartwood Youth Retreat
Jan 10 to Jan 12, 2020 | Camp Hammer | 7th -12th graders
Who: The Youth Retreat is open to all 7th to 12th graders; space is limited. Students signed up for Confirmation are required to attend.
Please register by December 1, 2019.
When: January 10 to 12, 2020 – busses will leave St. William Church at 4 pm on Friday, January 10. Please arrive no later than 3:45 pm to ensure all are loaded and ready to go on time. Busses will return before the 5 pm mass on Sunday, January 12. All retreat participants will attend the 5 pm mass at St. William Church together.
Where: Camp Hammer – Camp Hammer is located in the Santa Cruz Mountains at 21401 Big Basin Way,
Boulder Creek. Their phone number is 831-338-3200. There is limited to no cell phone coverage at the camp.
Packing List: Camp Hammer Packing List January 2020
Directions: Camp Hammer Directions
Cost: The retreat cost is $250 and due at the time of registration. Please contact Anton Pham for any scholarship needs at email@example.com. If you have registered for Confirmation class and have yet to pay, please pay now. Payments can be made online by clicking on the Buy Now button, or a check can be mailed to or dropped off at St. Nicholas and St. William Parish office at 473 Lincoln Avenue, Los Altos, CA 94022. Please make check payable to St. Nicholas and St. William Parish and print “Winter Retreat” and your retreat participant’s full name in the memo field of your check.
Space is guaranteed when payment is received. Payments are non-refundable.
Registration is now open and we ask all to register by December 1, 2019.
Camp Hammer Rules & Requirements:
- No alcoholic beverages, illegal drugs or drug use, gambling, or weapons will be tolerated on camp property. No smoking of any substance (tobacco, marijuana, vaporizer, etc.) on Camp Hammer property.
- All medications must be given to Anton or our nurse prior to getting on the busses with participants name, directions of dosage and use.
- Do not bring animals or pets. Guests with animals will be asked to leave immediately.
- Marking, carving, injury or removal of any property, plant or animal life is strictly prohibited.
- Tape, masking tape, duct tape, thumbtacks or staples on the walls, doors, or floors are not permitted.
- No crafts using paint, glue, crayons, or markers will be allowed inside any buildings or on any decks. Camp Hammer has outdoor tables available for your craft needs near the pool area.
- Food, hot plates, coffee pots, camping stoves or open flames (candles, lighters, matches, etc) are not permitted in any room, cabin or building.
- Please report any accidents, injuries or damages to your host immediately. Damages will be billed at $50/hour labor plus cost of materials and may be passed onto the participant based on the situation.
- Meetings are not permitted in the dining hall one hour before or after any meals.
- Please pay attention to camp’s posted restroom advisories- flushing large amounts of toilet paper, feminine hygiene products, or other materials will disable our septic system.
- Let’s keep camp green, keep it clean, and keep the animals outside. Dispose of any garbage and/or recyclable items in the proper receptacles.
- Turn off the lights and shut the door when buildings and/or cabins are not in use.
- Do not feed or approach any wild animals.
- Return any recreation equipment to the equipment bin when not in use.
- The pool is closed in January and guests are restricted from using the pool at this time.
- Nobody should go into the woods by themselves. If a group of participants would like to take a hike into the wooded areas, you tell an adult who is staying in the general camp area of your destination and you must return by the time of the next activity (Please mark your path and return after half of the time has expired. Nobody is allowed in the wooded areas after dark.
- Please respect quite hours from 10pm to 8am. No outside amplified sound is permitted during these hours in order to comply with local sound ordinances.
- All campers are to stay in their room at bedtime unless there is an emergency.
- Camp Hammer retains the right to send home any guest(s) for health or breach of contract, without altering the financial guarantee.
- St. Nicholas and St. William Parish also retains the right to send any of the participants home who do not follow these rules and guidelines. If any participant is found breaking the rules, their parents will be called to pick them up at the time of discovery.
Please use this link to the Google form to register for this retreat. All Confirmation students are also required to fill out this form. Payment and registration are not linked. Confirmation class includes the cost of this retreat. For all others, please see payment options above.
Registration form HERE.