Youth Retreat | Jan 11 to Jan 13, 2019 | Camp Hammer | 6th -12th graders
Who: The Youth Retreat is open to all 6th to 12th graders; space is limited. Students signed up for Confirmation are required to attend and have already preregistered for the retreat. Registered Confirmation students will still need to complete the Confirmation Class Participant Retreat Registration below. New registration for the retreat who are not in the Confirmation class will need to register by only filling out the second form, Youth Retreat Camp Hammer January 2019. REGISTRATION ENDS JANUARY 7, 2019
When: January 11 to 13, 2019 – busses will leave St. William Church at 4 pm on Friday, January 11. Please arrive by 4:00 pm to ensure all are loaded and ready to go on time. Busses will return before the 5 pm mass on Sunday, January 13. All retreat participants will attend the 5 pm mass at St. William Church together.
Where: Camp Hammer – Camp Hammer is located in the Santa Cruz Mountains at 21401 Big Basin Way,
Boulder Creek. Their phone number is 831-338-3200. There is limited to no cell phone coverage at the camp.
Packing List: Camp Hammer Packing List.
Directions: Camp Hammer Directions
Cost: The retreat cost is $250 and due at the time of registration. Please contact Catherine Campbell for any scholarship needs at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have registered for Confirmation class and have yet to pay, please pay now. Payments can be made online by clicking on the Buy Now button, or a check can be mailed to or dropped off at St. Nicholas and St. William Parish office at 473 Lincoln Avenue, Los Altos, CA 94022.
Space is guaranteed when payment is received.
Registration: Registration is now open and we ask all to register by the end of November. Both registration forms are below.
Camp Hammer Requirements:
- Do not bring animals or pets. Guests with animals will be asked to leave immediately.
- No alcoholic beverages, illegal drugs, gambling, or weapons will be tolerated on camp property. No smoking of any substance (tobacco, marijuana, vaporizer, etc.) on Camp Hammer property.
- Marking, carving, injury or removal of any property, plant or animal life is strictly prohibited.
- Tape, masking tape, duct tape, thumbtacks or staples on the walls, doors, or floors are not permitted.
- No crafts using paint, glue, crayons, or markers will be allowed inside any buildings or on any decks. Camp Hammer has outdoor tables available for your craft needs near the pool area.
- Food, hot plates, coffee pots, camping stoves or open flames (candles, lighters, matches, etc) are not permitted in any room, cabin or building.
- Please report any accidents, injuries or damages to your host immediately. Damages will be billed at $50/hour labor plus cost of materials and may be passed onto the participant based on the situation.
- Meetings are not permitted in the dining hall one hour before or after any meals.
- Please pay attention to camp’s posted restroom advisories- flushing large amounts of toilet paper, feminine hygiene products, or other materials will disable our septic system.
- Let’s keep camp green, keep it clean, and keep the animals outside.o Dispose of any garbage and/or recyclable items in the proper receptacles.
- Turn off the lights and shut the door when buildings and/or cabins are not in use.
- Do not feed or approach any wild animals.
- Return any recreation equipment to the equipment bin when not in use.
- The pool is closed in January and guests are restricted from using the pool at this time.
- Please respect quite hours from 10pm to 8am. No outside amplified sound is permitted during these hours in order to comply with local sound ordinances.
- Camp Hammer retains the right to send home any guest(s) for health or breach of contract, without altering the financial guarantee.
Please note: there are two separate forms. Students already enrolled in Confirmation Class will ONLY fill out the first form for Confirmation Class participants. Those who wish to attend the retreat and are not being confirmed this coming May, will ONLY fill out the second form, Youth Retreat Camp Hammer.
Those who wish to attend the retreat and are not being confirmed this coming fill out this form, Youth Retreat Camp Hammer.